The summer is finally on its way and many of us can’t wait to enjoy a hot sunny day. But while the heat means nothing but joy for many, it also came with its dangers. And, unfortunately there have been too many careless owner that left their dogs inside the cars during those extremely hot days.
Sadly, the summer it’s not even here and we’ve already witnessed such sad scenes. But thankfully for the poor little puppy trapped inside a car, a brave stranger took action onto his own hands and save the little one’s life.
Zoey Thornton took her mom to a shopping session at a local mall in Swansea, UK, when she spotted a group of people gathered around a car in the parking lot. They soon find out a dog was trapped inside that car. They all feared for the pup’s life as the temperatures outside were pretty high. The clock was ticking as the more than half an hour passed since the parking staff have unsuccessfully tried to reach the dog’s owner.
It’s when the people who gathered there, decided to call the police. But a few moments after a young man arrived at the scene and he decided to step in. Without thinking too much, the man started to smash the car’s window and saved the animal’s life.
“It was a very hot day and a dog apparently was left inside a car,” Zoey Thornton told The Dodo. “The man that stepped up was very brave to do what he did to save the dog. We were all so happy and relieved he got her out before anything more serious happened.” As about the careless owners, the woman hopes “they’ve learnt a lesson and don’t do it again.”
When the cops finally arrived at the scene, they issued a warning to the owners. In many states in the US, the law allows police or firefighters to break into cars to save pets lives. Even so, there are some things a rescuer must consider before taking action:
- Have a reasonable belief that the dog or cat is in imminent danger of suffering harm if not immediately removed from the motor vehicle
- Make a reasonable effort to locate the driver of the motor vehicle prior to entry
- Take reasonable steps to ensure or restore the well-being of the dog or cat
- Use no more force than necessary under the circumstances to enter the motor vehicle
- Leave notice on or in the motor vehicle stating the reason entry was made, the name of the person and of the person’s employer, a telephone number and, if possible, the location where the dog or cat may be retrieved.