Hawkstone Hall is a stately home which was built around the year 1700 in the Shropshire area of England. The main building spans three floors offering over 20,500 square feet, while the whole estate’s surface exceeds 43,000 square feet.
The magnificent mansion is surrounded by 88 acres of land, 63 of those being agricultural, while the others offer landscaped gardens, several auxiliary buildings, woodland, and a very cozy kitchen garden.
On the ground floor of the main building there is an impressive entrance hallway and six reception rooms including the magnificent ballroom and Venetian saloon with a wealth of architectural and artistic features including many inset wall paintings, a Winter garden, a residential wing with 50 bedrooms, and a Romanesque style Chapel.
Apparently, the ballroom was built in 1832 for Sir Rowland Hill at a cost of £2,400 – which was quite a lot at the time. Nowadays the property is owned by a Roman Catholic missionary organization and used as a seminary.
On the first floor there are four bedrooms, some with en-suite facilities, a staff room with kitchenette and WC, an office, a laundry room and ancillary facilities, with two further bedrooms and a seminar room on the first floor of the north wing.
The second floor provides a further eight rooms, some used as bedrooms and some for study, with further bathrooms and WC facilities, and attic storage space above.
The north wing contains two offices and the library, with a small gymnasium in the basement whilst the south wing contains a TV room at a lower level.