Soldier breaks down in tears as he watches his wife give birth over FaceTime because his flight was delayed

A soldier stuck in the airport watches his daughter birth on FaceTime. Due to a flight delayed, Brooks Lindsey wasn’t able to be present at his baby birth. While his flight from Texas to Mississippi was delayed, the soldier sat into a corner watching his wife giving birth. A woman captured the touching moment. Then she posted the heart-melting scene on Facebook.

This Army soldier was on my delayed flight home yesterday to MS. He had to watch the birth of his daughter on FaceTime. He was crying and our hearts were breaking. We all gave him space. When we heard the baby cry, we all rejoiced for him. I wanted to share this because I never want us to forget about our soldiers who serve us everyday and the sacrifices they make,” she said.

Brooks arrived two hours latter to the Mississippi hospital, holding his sweet little baby for the first time. This was definitely the hardest mission he’s been through. You can see how nervous he is and how he breaks down to tears, when his daughter Millie is born. The entire airport started to cheer when saw him. Speaking to Love What Matters, the soldier’s wife Haley Lindsey, said:

“I went to my normal Doctor appointment Thursday morning thinking I would be scheduled for an induction for a week out. Brooks and I have been practicing my call to the Red Cross because we heard it was really hard to get men home for births and we were told the only way it would actually work is if I was in distress, so we were pretty upset about that because I was not having any issues with pregnancy other than a little high blood pressure. To continue, at my appointment my blood pressure was very high, and they did blood work and sent me home. About an hour later, after telling Brooks there was no hope in him getting home, I received a call from my Doctor that my pressures were too high, and the baby was being stressed and I was preeclamptic. She told me to be at the hospital in an hour and they would go ahead and induce. I called Brooks frantic and he was so excited!”

She added: “Friday morning my water was broken at 7 am and Pitocin began. Brooks got to the airport in El Paso and boarded his plane at 10 am (mountain/daylight time) 11 am central time. He called me as soon as that flight landed in Dallas at 2:38 central time and I was 5 centimeters dilated. He was scheduled to take off at 3:55 but LUCKILY his flight was delayed to 5:45. Without that delay Brooks would have been in the air and unable to FaceTime!”

“I could hear people in the airport talking and cheering,” Lindsey said. “Brooks then went on to say that they were making him board and needed to get off as soon as she finally started to crown and all I remember was my Doctor screaming ‘Don’t let him board the flight! She’s here! She’s here!’ So, the airport personnel let him sit there and watch till it was over!”

Watch the video bellow to see this lovely and so touching moment!

Spread the love