Tourist unknowingly holds one of the most poisonous creatures in the ocean—and catches it all on camera

752

A walk on the beach is always a pleasurable experience for most of us. And beaches in Australia are famous for being some of the most relaxing places on Earth. However, before you travel there, you should know Australia is also home to some of the deadliest creatures on the planet.

Therefore, it should not be said that when you come across a wild animal, not just there, but anywhere on the planet, touching it might be the worst idea ever. So when this tourist in Australia  interact with a “cute” critter, all those witnessed were shocked.

Even small and cute, this creature is actually one of the deadliest creatures in the ocean. The blue-ringed octopus is definitely the type of creature to avoid interacting with.

According to Travel+Leisure, the tiny octopus is famous for its venom, which happens to be 11 times more powerful than cyanide. According to Ocean Conservancy, one tiny blue-ringed octopus “carries enough venom to kill twenty-six adult humans within minutes.” And when you think there is no antidote.

Australian authorities warn the tourists to stay away of those animals. However, in case you are bitten, you should seek for a hospital as fast as possible. It could save your life. Symptoms of a bite only appear after a few hours:

  • muscle numbness
  • nausea
  • vision loss
  • blindness
  • loss of motor skills
  • In extreme cases, respiratory arrest

In this particularly situation, the tourist does not seems to be bitten, but the experts say the blue-ringed octopus’s bite is so painless that it often goes unnoticed. You shouldn’t try this, no matter what!

Credit https://en.newsner.com